Gwydir Shire Council is a great place to work!
We are an inclusive organisation that celebrates diversity and flexible work practices and believe our people are our greatest asset.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Gwydir Shire Council’s Corporate Services team. The role will work to ensure the delivery of procurement processes which are fair and open whilst minimising risk to ensure the best commercial outcome for Council.
You will provide advice and assistance to deliver and support procurement activities. This will involve building partnerships with internal and external stakeholders to achieve value for money within a robust governance framework.
The successful applicant for this position will need to have:
- A willingness to undertake training eg Certificate IV in Procurement and Contracting
- An ability to communicate (written, verbal and non verbal)
- Proven ability to effectively consult and engage with stakeholders
- An understanding of procurement and how it would apply in a Local Government setting
- An understanding of finance would also be advantageous as the link between finance and procurement needs to be strengthened at every opportunity.
This is a full time permanent position, classified as Grade 6 in Council’s Competency based salary system. The remuneration package is negotiable based on skills and experience.
Previous experience will be highly regarded but is not essential
Applications must be received by 4pm Friday 14 May 2021.
Further information regarding this position can be obtained by contacting Helen Thomas, Chief Financial Officer on 0419 302152 or email@example.com.
Gwydir Shire Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and appoints on the basis of merit. Merit is determined by assessing the applicant’s abilities, qualifications, experience, work performance and personal qualities relative to the requirements of the position.
To download a copy of the Position Description relating to the above position, visit www.gwydirshire.com.
Applications, addressing the selection criteria, are to be addressed to the General Manager, and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date.